The MBNA Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus card earns Alaska Miles and provides cardholders with an annual companion fare for use on Alaska Airlines.
This card is currently discontinued and is unable to be applied for.
The MBNA Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus credit card earns Alaska Miles for all purchases made on the card:
- 3 Alaska Miles for every dollar spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases.
- 1 Alaska Mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Redeeming Alaska Miles
Alaska Miles can be redeemed for flights on Alaska Airlines and their 24 partner airlines through the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. Notable airline partners include Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, and Qatar Airways.
Click to learn more about the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan.
Platinum Plus cardholders receive Alaska’s Famous Companion Fare once they spend $1000 on the card within the first 90 days; the companion fare will be deposited to the associated mileage plan account. For every year thereafter, at the card anniversary date, the cardholder will receive another Famous Companion Fare voucher. This companion fare gives the cardholder the opportunity to book a round trip for two people, while only paying for the cardholder’s full fare plus $99 USD and taxes for the companion’s fare. This voucher can only be redeemed for an economy class seat on an Alaska Airlines flight.
Cardholders also are eligible to receive a minimum of 10% off in Canada, or a minimum of 5% off in the United States, when using their Alaska Platinum Plus card on qualifying car rentals at participating Budget and Avis locations. In order to take advantage of the discount on car rentals:
- Avis: Quote Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) #C078405 at the time of reservation and charge the full rental to your MBNA credit card.
- Budget: Quote Budget Customer Discount (BCD) #A331704 at the time of reservation and charge the full rental to your MBNA credit card.
The MBNA Alaska Airlines Platinum Plus credit card offers two types of insurance coverage:
- Purchase assurance coverage
- Extended warranty benefits
Other Alaska Miles Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|MBNA Alaska Airlines World Elite||30,000 Alaska Miles||$591||Apply|