The National Bank World Elite card earns À la Carte Rewards points and offers cardholders benefits such as $150 in annual travel credits and access to the National Bank VIP lounge in the YUL International terminal. Due to it’s stellar travel insurance and purchase protection benefits, we deemed this card the Best Overall Insurance Credit Card of 2022.
Check out our National Bank World Elite review for full details about this card.
Interested in applying for the National Bank World Elite card? Earn an additional $125 cash back through Frugal Flyer Rebates.
The National Bank World Elite credit card earns À la carte rewards points for all purchases made on the card:
- Groceries and restaurants:
- 5 À la carte rewards points per dollar spent when the total gross monthly amount charged to the credit card, regardless of the category, is between $0 and $2,500
- 2 À la carte rewards points per dollar spent when the total gross monthly amount charged to the credit card, regardless of the category, is over $2,500
- 2 À la carte rewards points for every dollar spent on Gas and electric vehicle charging purchases, recurring bill payments, and À la carte Travel Agency purchases.
- 1 À la carte rewards point for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
Redeeming À la Carte Rewards Points
À la Carte Rewards points are a flexible currency that can be redeemed for travel purchases (either made with National Bank or booked on your own), statement credits, contributing to an investment account, gift cards, and merchandise.
The best value for your À la carte rewards points is to redeem them against travel purchases made through the À la carte rewards travel agency. A close second is to redeem them against travel you have booked on your own.
Click to learn everything about the À la Carte Rewards program.
National Bank World Elite cardholders are eligible to receive a $150 travel credit per calendar year. This travel credit can be applied towards a range of ancillary travel expenses including airport parking, baggage fees, seat selection, access to airline lounges, and airline ticket upgrades.
These travel credits are awarded based on the calendar year, and thus, need to be utilized during the year in which they were issued. To redeem, the cardholder needs to log in to their National Bank account and access the “Travel Expenses” tab in the rewards portal.
Cardholders also receive complimentary access to the National Bank VIP airport lounge at Montreal Trudeau Airport (YUL). The lounge is located in the international terminal. This benefit entitles the cardholder, one guest, and two children 12 and under access to the lounge.
National Bank World Elite Mastercard cardholders are eligible to sign up for free Boingo WiFi at over one million hotspots worldwide. Through Boingo, you are also able to access free in-flight WiFi on WestJet flights.
The National Bank World Elite card offers ten types of insurance coverage:
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Trip interruption insurance
- Out-of-province medical and hospital coverage
- Flight delay insurance
- Delayed baggage insurance
- Theft or loss of baggage coverage
- Rental car insurance
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty coverage
- Mobile device insurance
Refer to the National Bank World Elite card insurance certificate for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other A la Carte Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|National Bank Platinum||35,000 À la carte Rewards||$350||Apply|
|National Bank World||0 À la carte Rewards||$0||Apply|