The National Bank World Elite card is a credit card that earns À la carte rewards points and is available to individuals in Canada.
We have reviewed all aspects of the National Bank World Elite credit card here.
The National Bank World Elite credit card earns À la carte rewards points for all purchases made on the card:
- 1.5 À la carte rewards points for every $1 spent on the first $40k in purchases during a cardholder year.
- 2 À la carte rewards points for every $1 spent in between $40k and $80k in net spend during a cardholder year.
- 1.5 À la carte rewards points for every $1 spent on any purchases once the cardholder has spent $80k during a cardholder year.
This card earns À la carte rewards points based on the net spending on the card during the cardholder year. This card earns the most points per dollar spent on the $40k in spending between $40k and $80k total in net spend.
À la carte rewards points can be redeemed via the rewards portal.
Points can be redeemed towards:
- Travel purchases that have been booked with the À la carte rewards travel agency. Points can be redeemed at a rate of 1 cent per point (10k points = $100).
- Travel purchases that have been booked on your own externally. Points can be redeemed at a rate of 0.833 cents per point (12k points = $100) and the value increases the more points you redeem (up to 0.909 cents per point for a $500 redemption).
- Statement credit. Points can be redeemed at a rate of 0.4 cents per point (25k points = $100).
- Contribute to a National Bank TFSA or RRSP. Points can be redeemed at a rate of 0.083 cents per point (12k points = $100).
- Gift cards and merchandise. Points can be redeemed at various rates for these redemptions.
The best value for your À la carte rewards points is to redeem them against travel purchases made through the À la carte rewards travel agency. A close second is to redeem them against travel you have booked on your own.
National Bank World Elite cardholders are eligible to receive multiple travel credits totalling $250 in annual rebates. The $250 in travel credits are composed of:
- $100 in airport parking credits
- $100 in baggage fee credits
- $50 in seat selection credits
These travel credits are awarded based on the calendar year, and thus, need to be utilized during the year in which they were issued. To redeem, the cardholder needs to log in to their National Bank account and access the “Travel Expenses” tab in the rewards portal.
Annual refund of travel expenses, $100 on airport parking, $50 on seat selection, $100 on baggage fees. calendar year $250 total. great way to reduce your travel expenses.
Cardholders also receive complimentary access to the National Bank VIP airport lounge at Montreal Trudeau Airport (YUL). The lounge is located in the international terminal. This benefit entitles the cardholder, one guest, and two children 12 and under access to the lounge. Learn more about the National Bank VIP Lounge.
National Bank World Elite Mastercard cardholders are eligible to sign up for free Boingo WiFi at over one million hotspots worldwide. Through Boingo, you are also able to access free in-flight WiFi on WestJet flights.
The National Bank World Elite card offers nine types of insurance coverage: trip cancellation, trip interruption, out-of-province medical/hospital coverage, flight delay, delayed baggage insurance, theft or loss of baggage, rental vehicle insurance, purchase protection, and extended warranty.
Refer to the National Bank World Elite card certificate of insurance for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.