Frugal Flyer is committed to complying with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act Canada, and with other Canadian privacy laws applicable to our operations.
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
When visitors leave comments on the Website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
The Website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser. The Website may log session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted. Cookies provide a more personalized website experience.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for one year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We are not responsible for how such third-party websites may collect, use or disclose your personal information.
On the website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes via email. Emails sent may contain tracking links. The links are embedded in emails and allow an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Through the tracking links, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
How Your Information May Be Used
In addition to that describe above, we may use information collected in the following ways:
- To send you promotional information, including newsletters. Any promotional material will include a means to opt-out of receiving future material.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To track and measure advertising and website analytics.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Note that this list is not all-inclusive.
Who We Share Your Data With
Your information may be shared with third parties when explicitly authorized by you. The use of your personal information by each third-party service provider is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics: tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Fluent CRM/SMPT + Amazon SES: these services are used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
- Zapier: used for automation of sending form data to Platoforms and for other automations (eg. email drafting). Data is deleted immediately after it is sent.
- Platoforms: used to import form data collected from Fluent Forms (and sent via Zapier) into PDF documents. Data is periodically deleted.
In addition, visitor comments are checked for spam content by routing through an automated spam detection service.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on the website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Sensitive Personal Data