The Chase Sapphire Preferred card is a credit card that earns Chase Ultimate Rewards points and is available to individuals in the United States.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred card accrues Chase Ultimate Rewards points for all purchases made on the card:
- 5 Ultimate Rewards points for every dollar spent on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal.
- 3 Ultimate Rewards points for every dollar spent on dining (including eligible delivery services, take out, and dining out), online grocery purchases (excluding Target, Walmart, and wholesale clubs), and on select streaming services.
- 2 Ultimate Rewards points for every dollar spent on all other travel purchases.
- 1 Ultimate Rewards point for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Redeeming Chase Ultimate Rewards
Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be redeemed as cashback, through gift cards, through Travel booked via Chase, or transferred to airline and hotel partners. In order to get the best value out of your Ultimate Rewards points, it is recommended that you transfer them to a partner airline for a future flight redemption.
Ultimate Rewards points transfer 1:1 to the following airline travel partners: Aer Lingus, Aeroplan, British Airways, Emirates, Flying Blue, Iberia, JetBlue, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United, and Virgin Atlantic.
Ultimate Rewards points transfer 1:1 to the following hotel travel partners: IHG Rewards Club, Marriott Bonvoy, and World of Hyatt.
We recommend holding onto your Chase Ultimate Rewards points until you have a flight redemption in mind and then transferring to the airline partner of your choice.
Cardholders are eligible to receive a $50 USD statement credit for hotel stays that are purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal. This credit can be applied once per cardholder anniversary year.
Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders also receive an additional 25% value when redeeming Ultimate Rewards points against travel purchases. For example, redeeming 60,000 Ultimate Rewards points against travel would provide cardholders with $750 in statement credit.
On the account anniversary, cardholders are eligible to receive bonus Ultimate Rewards points equal to 10% of their purchases made in the previous year. This means that if the cardholder spent $20,000 in the previous year, they would receive 2,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points upon their account anniversary date.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card offers seven types of insurance coverage:
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Trip interruption coverage
- Rental car collision damage waiver
- Baggage delay insurance
- Trip delay insurance
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty protection
Other Ultimate Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|Chase Ink Business Preferred||100,000 Ultimate Rewards||$1,605||Apply|
|Chase Freedom Flex||20,000 Ultimate Rewards||$340||Apply|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited||20,000 Ultimate Rewards||$340||Apply|
|Chase Sapphire Reserve||50,000 Ultimate Rewards||$300||Apply|