The American Express US Personal Gold card earns Membership Rewards and offers cardholders an annual $120 Uber cash credit and $120 restaurant credit.
The American Express US Personal Gold credit card earns Membership Rewards (MR) points for all purchases made on the card:
- 4 Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent on restaurants worldwide and groceries at US supermarkets (up to $25,000 in grocery purchases per calendar year).
- 3 Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent on flights booked directly with airlines or on AmexTravel.com.
- 1 Membership Rewards point for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Redeeming Membership Rewards
The best use for Membership Rewards is to transfer them to a variety of airline and hotel partners for your next redemption:
- Transferrable at 1:1 ratio: Aeroplan, Alitalia, Aer Lingus, ANA, Avianca LifeMiles, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Delta Air Lines, Emirates, Etihad Airways, KLM Flying Blue, Hawaiian Airlines, Iberia, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Choice Privileges, and Marriott Bonvoy
- Transferrable at 1:0.8 ratio: JetBlue
- Transferrable at 1:1.6 ratio: AeroMexico
- Transferrable at 1:2 ratio: Hilton Honors
Click to learn everything you need to know about the American Express Membership Rewards program.
Amex US Personal Gold cardholders can enjoy $120 of Uber cash in a calendar year. These credits are distributed as a $10/month credit and can be redeemed towards any Uber or UberEats orders. To activate the credits, cardholders will need to add their credit card to their Uber account.
Cardholders can also receive $120 of restaurant credits in a calendar year at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. These credits are distributed as a $10/month credit and will be applied when an eligible purchase is made on your card. Cardholders need to enroll through the American Express benefits page in order to receive this benefit.
The American Express US Personal Gold credit card offers two types of insurance coverage:
- Baggage insurance plan (including lost, stolen, and damaged baggage)
- Car rental loss/damage insurance
Other US Membership Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|American Express US Business Platinum||120,000 Membership Rewards||$2,045||Apply|
|American Express US Business Gold||70,000 Membership Rewards||$1,245||Apply|
|American Express US Green||60,000 Membership Rewards||$1,170||Apply|
|American Express US Personal Platinum||80,000 Membership Rewards||$1,065||Apply|
|American Express Blue Business Plus||15,000 Membership Rewards||$330||Apply|