The American Express US Business Platinum card earns Membership Rewards and offers cardholders over $1000 in annual statement credits.
The American Express US Business Platinum credit card earns Membership Rewards (MR) points for all purchases made on the card:
- 5 Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent on flights and prepaid hotels booked through AmexTravel.com.
- 1.5 Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent on purchases totaling $5,000 USD (or more) or any purchases at retailers in the following categories:
- Construction materials and hardware suppliers
- Electronic goods retailers and software & cloud system providers
- Shipping providers
- 1 Membership Rewards point for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
Cardholders are eligible to earn 1.5 Membership Rewards points on eligible purchases for up to $2 million per calendar year.
Redeeming Membership Rewards
The best use for Membership Rewards is to transfer them to a variety of airline and hotel partners for your next redemption:
- Transferrable at 1:1 ratio: Aeroplan, Alitalia, Aer Lingus, ANA, Avianca LifeMiles, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Delta Air Lines, Emirates, Etihad Airways, KLM Flying Blue, Hawaiian Airlines, Iberia, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Choice Privileges, and Marriott Bonvoy
- Transferrable at 1:0.8 ratio: JetBlue
- Transferrable at 1:1.6 ratio: AeroMexico
- Transferrable at 1:2 ratio: Hilton Honors
You can also redeem Membership Rewards for statement credit however this is not often a great way to get the most value out of your points.
As a premium business credit card, the Amex Business Platinum card comes with a wealth of benefits for the cardholder.
Cardholders will receive a $400 annual Dell credit (distributed semi-annually as a $200 credit). Cardholders will need to enroll in this benefit and use their Business Platinum card for purchases at Dell to receive this statement credit.
Cardholders can receive a $90 quarterly statement credit (totaling $360/year) towards any purchases with Indeed. They can also receive up to $150 in annual statement credits from Adobe on annual prepaid plans for eligible Creative Cloud for Teams or for Acrobat Pro DC with e-sign.
Cardholders receive a monthly $10 statement credit (totaling $120/year) towards any wireless service charges, such as a cell phone plan.
Cardholders have access to the Amex Global Lounge collection for themselves plus a guest. This membership captures over 1,400 airport lounges in over 140 countries.
Select a US-based airline of your choice to receive an annual $200 airline fee credit. This credit can be used towards baggage fees, seat selection fees, pet fees, and any other incidental airline charges.
By holding this card, cardholders will receive complimentary status with the Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors hotel loyalty programs. Cardholders will receive Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status and Hilton Honors Gold status.
In order to speed up security times at the airport, cardholders can take advantage of both a $189 CLEAR credit and a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck membership.
The American Express US Business Platinum credit card offers seven types of insurance coverage:
- Trip delay insurance
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Baggage insurance plan
- Cell phone protection
- Extended warranty
- Purchase protection
Other US Membership Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|American Express US Personal Gold||90,000 Membership Rewards||$1,730||Apply|
|American Express US Personal Platinum||100,000 Membership Rewards||$1,505||Apply|
|American Express US Business Gold||70,000 Membership Rewards||$1,245||Apply|
|American Express US Green||45,000 Membership Rewards||$840||Apply|
|American Express Blue Business Plus||15,000 Membership Rewards||$330||Apply|