The BMO Ascend World Elite card earns BMO Rewards points and provides cardholders with four complimentary airport lounge passes annually.
The BMO Ascend World Elite credit card earns BMO Rewards points for all purchases made on the card:
- 5 BMO Rewards points for every dollar spent on eligible travel purchases (up to $15,000 in purchases during a calendar year).
- 3 BMO Rewards points for every dollar spent on dining, entertainment, and recurring bill payment purchases (up to $10,000 in spend in each category per calendar year).
- 1 BMO Rewards point for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Once the cardholder reaches the threshold stated above for each category, all future purchases will earn 1 BMO Rewards point per dollar spent.
Redeeming BMO Rewards
The BMO Rewards program has many options for redeeming points including travel, merchandise, gift cards, a statement credit, or cash investment in a BMO investment account.
The best value to redeem points is to use them for travel purchases that are booked through the BMO Travel Portal. When redeeming points towards bookings made through the travel portal, the redemption rate is 150 BMO Rewards points = $1 CAD.
Click to learn everything you need to know about the BMO Rewards program.
BMO Ascend World Elite cardholders are eligible to receive complimentary membership to the Dragonpass lounge program, in addition to four complimentary airport lounge passes.
BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard cardholders are eligible to sign up for free Boingo WiFi at over one million hotspots worldwide. Additionally, through Boingo, you are also able to access free in-flight WiFi on various airlines.
The BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard offers eight types of insurance coverage:
- Travel medical insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance
- Rental car collision loss and damage waiver
- Delayed and lost baggage coverage
- Flight delay insurance
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty coverage
Refer to the BMO Ascend World Elite insurance certificate for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other BMO Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|BMO World Elite Business||70,000 BMO Rewards||$469||Apply|
|BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite||60,000 BMO Rewards||$402||Apply|
|BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege||90,000 BMO Rewards||$104||Apply|
|BMO Rewards||10,000 BMO Rewards||$67||Apply|
Disclaimer: these responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.