The BMO Ascend World Elite card earns BMO Rewards points on all purchases and is available to individuals in Canada.
This card offers 5 BMO Rewards points for every dollar spent on travel purchases and four annual complimentary airport lounge passes within the Dragonpass Lounge program.
The BMO Ascend World Elite credit card earns BMO Rewards points for all purchases made on the card:
- 5 BMO Rewards points for every dollar spent on eligible travel purchases (up to $15,000 in purchases during a calendar year).
- 3 BMO Rewards points for every dollar spent on dining, entertainment, and recurring bill payments purchases (up to $10,000 in spend in each category per calendar year).
- 1 BMO Rewards point for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Once the cardholder reaches the threshold stated above for each category, all future purchases will earn 1 BMO Rewards point per dollar spent.
The BMO Rewards program has many options for redeeming points including travel, merchandise, gift cards, a statement credit, or cash investment in a BMO investment account.
The best value to redeem points is to use them for travel purchases that are booked through the BMO Travel Portal. When redeeming points towards bookings made through the travel portal, the redemption rate is 150 BMO Rewards points = $1 CAD.
Cardholders are eligible to receive complimentary Dragonpass membership, offered by MasterCard Travel Pass. In addition to the membership, the cardholder will receive four annual complimentary airport lounge passes. These Dragonkey lounge passes can be used by the cardholder for airport lounge access for themselves and their guests. Learn more about the Dragonpass Lounge membership.
BMO World Elite Mastercard cardholders are eligible to sign up for free Boingo WiFi at over one million hotspots worldwide. Additionally, through Boingo, you are also able to access free in-flight WiFi on various airlines.
The BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard offers eight types of insurance coverage:
- Travel medical insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance
- Rental car collision loss and damage waiver
- Delayed and lost baggage coverage
- Flight delay insurance
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty coverage
Refer to the BMO Ascend World Elite insurance certificate for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other BMO Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite||60,000 BMO Rewards||$402||Apply|
|BMO World Elite Business||50,000 BMO Rewards||$335||Apply|
|BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege||90,000 BMO Rewards||$104||Apply|
|BMO Rewards||10,000 BMO Rewards||$67||Apply|