The Chase Aeroplan card earns Aeroplan points and offers cardholders a variety of Air Canada benefits including instant 25k Elite status and a first free checked bag.
The Chase Aeroplan credit card accrues Aeroplan points for all purchases made on the card:
- 3 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on Air Canada purchases, including Air Canada Vacations.
- 3 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on groceries and dining (including takeout and eligible delivery services).
- 1 Aeroplan point for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Cardholders are also eligible to earn an additional 500 Aeroplan points upon spending $2,000 on the card in any calendar month.
Redeeming Aeroplan Points
Aeroplan points can be redeemed for flights, hotels, car rentals, merchandise, and gift cards.
Flight awards are the best use for your Aeroplan points as you can redeem them for flights on Air Canada and any of the Star Alliance partnership airlines.
Click to learn more about the Air Canada Aeroplan program.
Chase Aeroplan cardholders receive a variety of perks related to Air Canada:
- Instant Aeroplan 25k Elite status for the current and following calendar year. Cardholders can maintain this status past the initial two calendar years by spending $15,000 USD on the card during a calendar year.
- If a cardholder spends $50,000 USD on the Chase Aeroplan card during a calendar year, they will receive a one-level status bump within the Aeroplan program.
- Free first checked bag on Air Canada flights. This benefit extends to up to eight guests that are traveling on the cardholder’s itinerary.
Chase Aeroplan cardholders will also receive a statement credit of up to $100 USD every four years to be used towards a Global Entry, TSAPre✓, or Nexus membership. Simply charge the application fee to your credit card and you will receive the statement credit.
The Chase Aeroplan Mastercard offers five types of insurance coverage:
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance
- Baggage delay insurance
- Trip delay coverage
- Rental car collision damage waiver insurance
- Purchase protection
Other Aeroplan Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege||115,000 Aeroplan||$1,816||Apply|
|CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege||90,000 Aeroplan||$1,291||Apply|
|American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve||85,000 Aeroplan||$1,186||Apply|
|American Express Aeroplan Reserve||85,000 Aeroplan||$1,186||Apply|
|TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite||55,000 Aeroplan||$1,155||Apply|
Disclaimer: these responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.