The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege card earns Aeroplan points and offers cardholders various Air Canada benefits including priority boarding, free checked baggage, and Maple Leaf lounge access.
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege credit card accrues Aeroplan points for all purchases made on the card:
- 2 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on Air Canada purchases, including Air Canada Vacations.
- 1.5 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on gas, groceries, travel, and dining.
- 1.25 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Redeeming Aeroplan Points
Aeroplan points can be redeemed for flights, hotels, car rentals, merchandise, and gift cards.
Flight awards are the best use for your Aeroplan points as you can redeem them for flights on Air Canada and any of the Star Alliance partnership airlines.
Click to learn more about the Air Canada Aeroplan program.
CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders receive a variety of perks related to Air Canada:
- Receive a free first checked bag on Air Canada flights. This benefit extends to up to eight guests that are traveling on the cardholder’s itinerary and is a great way to save on Air Canada baggage fees.
- Priority check-in, priority boarding, and priority baggage handling for the cardholder and up to eight guests on their itinerary.
- Complimentary Maple Leaf Lounge access to all airport lounges in the network. Complimentary access is provided for the cardholder and one guest.
- For every $5k in net purchases on the card, the cardholder will earn 1,000 status-qualifying miles and 1 status-qualifying segment towards Air Canada Aeroplan status.
CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders are eligible to receive complimentary membership to the Dragonpass lounge program, in addition to six complimentary airport lounge passes.
CIBC Aeroplan VIP cardholders are also eligible to receive up to $50 in NEXUS rebates every four years. This is given in the form of a statement credit when using the card to apply for or renew a NEXUS membership.
Upon spending $25,000 in an anniversary year, the cardholder will receive an Air Canada Worldwide Companion Pass. Starting at $99 (and increasing depending on destination), this pass allows the cardholder to book a cash fare on Air Canada for themselves and a companion at a discount. Once earned, the companion pass will show up on your Aeroplan account. The cardholder will pay the full cost of the fare (taxes and fees included), while the companion will only have to pay the applicable companion ticket fee (+ any fees/taxes associated with the ticket).
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege card offers ten types of insurance coverage:
- Emergency medical insurance
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Trip interruption insurance
- Rental car collision and loss damage insurance
- Common carrier accident coverage
- Flight delay and baggage delay coverage
- Hotel burglary insurance
- Purchase security
- Extended protection
- Mobile device insurance
Refer to the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege insurance certificate for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other Aeroplan Cards You Might Consider
|American Express Aeroplan Reserve
|TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege
|TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite
|American Express Aeroplan
|CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite