The American Express Aeroplan card earns Aeroplan points and offers cardholders a free first checked bag on Air Canada flights.
The American Express Aeroplan credit card earns Aeroplan points (AP) for all purchases made on the card:
- 2 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on eligible Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations purchases.
- 1.5 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on eligible dining and food delivery purchases in Canada.
- 1 Aeroplan point for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Redeeming Aeroplan Points
Aeroplan points can be redeemed for flights, hotels, car rentals, merchandise, and gift cards.
Flight awards are the best use for your Aeroplan points as you can redeem them for flights on Air Canada and any of the Star Alliance partnership airlines.
Click to learn more about the Air Canada Aeroplan program.
American Express Aeroplan cardholders receive a free first checked bag on Air Canada flights. This benefit extends to up to 8 guests that are traveling on the cardholder’s itinerary.
For every $10,000 in net purchases on the card, the cardholder will earn 1,000 status qualifying miles and 1 status qualifying segment towards Air Canada Aeroplan status.
The American Express Aeroplan credit card offers ten types of insurance coverage:
- Baggage delay and flight delay insurance
- Hotel burglary insurance
- Lost or stolen baggage coverage
- Travel accident insurance
- Rental car theft and damage
- Purchase protection
- Buyer assurance protection
Refer to the American Express Aeroplan Reserve insurance certificate for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other Aeroplan Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege||105,000 Aeroplan||$1,606||Apply|
|American Express Aeroplan Reserve||90,000 Aeroplan||$1,291||Apply|
|CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege||90,000 Aeroplan||$1,291||Apply|
|TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite||50,000 Aeroplan||$1,050||Apply|
|CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite||45,000 Aeroplan||$945||Apply|