The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege card earns Aeroplan points on all purchases and is available to individuals in Canada.
This card comes with many Air Canada travel benefits to enhance your next vacation.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege credit card accrues Aeroplan points for all eligible purchases made on the card:
- 2 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on Air Canada flight purchases, including Air Canada Vacations bookings.
- 1.5 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on gas, groceries, travel, and dining.
- 1.25 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Aeroplan points can be redeemed for flights around the world on Air Canada and any of the Star Alliance partnership airlines.
Aeroplan points can also be redeemed for hotels, car rentals, and merchandise. The redemption value, or cent per point, is very poor for these types of redemptions and as a result, they should be avoided.
Learn everything you need to know about the Aeroplan loyalty program here.
Benefits & Perks
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders receive a variety of Air Canada benefits:
- Free first checked bag on Air Canada flights. This benefit extends to up to eight guests that are travelling on the same reservation as the cardholder.
- Priority check-in, priority boarding, priority airport standby, and priority baggage handling for the cardholder and up to eight guests on the same airline reservation.
- Complimentary access to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges in the network. Complimentary access to these airport lounges is provided only for the cardholder; any additional guests may enter with the cardholder upon paying an entry fee.
- For every $5,000 in net purchases on the card, the cardholder will earn 1,000 status qualifying miles and 1 status qualifying segment towards Aeroplan elite status.
Cardholders are also eligible to receive six complimentary airport lounge visits per year through Priority Pass. These lounge visits can be used to gain access to Priority Pass airport lounges for both the cardholder and any guests. Cardholders will need to enrol in the complimentary Priority Pass membership benefit by visiting this link.
TD Aeroplan VIP cardholders are also eligible to receive up to $100 in NEXUS program rebates every four years. This is given in the form of a statement credit when using the card for a NEXUS application fee or NEXUS membership renewal.
Upon spending $25,000 in an anniversary year, the cardholder will receive an Air Canada worldwide companion pass. Starting at $99 (and increasing depending on destination), this pass allows the cardholder to book a cash fare on Air Canada for themselves and a companion at a discount. Once earned, the companion pass will show up on your Aeroplan account. The cardholder will pay the full cost of the fare (taxes and fees included), while the companion will only have to pay the applicable companion ticket fee (+ any fees/taxes associated with the ticket).
Cardholders are eligible to receive a free Uber Pass membership for 12 months. To enroll, add your TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege card to your Uber or Uber Eats wallet.
The TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege card offers the following insurance coverages:
- Emergency medical insurance
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance
- Flight and trip delay insurance
- Delayed and lost baggage insurance
- Common carrier travel accident coverage
- Hotel and motel burglary insurance
- Rental car collision loss damage coverage
- Purchase security insurance
- Extended warranty protection
- Mobile device insurance
Refer to the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege certificate of insurance for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other Aeroplan Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|American Express Aeroplan Reserve||95,000 Aeroplan||$1,396||Apply|
|American Express Aeroplan||60,000 Aeroplan||$1,140||Apply|
|TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite||50,000 Aeroplan||$1,050||Apply|
|CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite||20,000 Aeroplan||$420||Apply|
|TD Aeroplan Platinum||20,000 Aeroplan||$420||Apply|