The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card earns Scene+ Rewards points and offers cardholders benefits such as no foreign transaction fees and six complimentary airport lounge access passes annually.
The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite card earns Scene+ Rewards points for all eligible purchases made on the card:
- 3 Scene+ points for every dollar spent at Sobeys, IGA, Safeway, Foodland, FreshCo, Voilà by Sobeys, Voilà by IGA, Voilà by Safeway, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, IGA West, Les Marchés Tradition, Rachelle Béry and Co-Op.
- 2 Scene+ Rewards points for every dollar spent on eligible grocery store, dining, entertainment, and daily transit purchases.
- 1 Scene+ Reward point for every dollar spent on all other everyday eligible purchases.
Redeeming Scene+ Rewards
Scene+ Rewards points can be redeemed for travel rewards or towards trip expenses, shopping purchases, statement credits, dining, entertainment, movie tickets, and more.
If you are looking to redeem points, the best value is to apply them against any travel purchase made on your card at the rate of 1 cent per point. This means that you would be able to redeem 10,000 Scene+ Rewards points for $100 in statement credit for trip costs, such as hotel accommodations, flight bookings, or rental cars.
Click to learn everything you need to know about the Scene+ Rewards program.
Benefits & Perks
The Scotia Passport Visa Infinite card charges no foreign transaction fees when online shopping or traveling, saving you 2.5% on every transaction. Cardholders will only have to pay the exchange rate when completing foreign currency transactions. This makes the Scotia Passport a great card to use when you are abroad since saving on the 2.5% foreign exchange fees can add up quickly. This is one of the few cards in Canada that offers no foreign transaction fee as a benefit.
Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite cardholders are eligible to receive complimentary membership to the Dragonpass lounge program, in addition to six complimentary airport lounge passes.
Through holding the Passport Visa Infinite card, the cardholder is eligible to receive complimentary Avis rental cars preferred plus membership. This provides the cardholder with a 5%-25% discount on rentals in Canada and the United States, in addition to complimentary vehicle upgrades (whenever possible).
The Scotia Passport Visa Infinite credit card offers the following insurance coverages:
- Travel emergency medical insurance
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption
- Travel accident insurance
- Rental car collision loss and damage coverage
- Lost baggage insurance
- Baggage and flight delay insurance
- Hotel burglary insurance
- Purchase security
- Extended warranty protection
Other Scene+ Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|Scotiabank Gold American Express||40,000 Scene+||$280||Apply|
|Scotiabank Platinum American Express||60,000 Scene+||$201||Apply|
|Scotiabank American Express||7,000 Scene+||$70||Apply|
|Scotiabank Scene Visa||5,000 Scene+||$50||Apply|