The Amex Green card earns Membership Rewards points and gives cardholders the opportunity to earn 2x Membership Rewards on AmexTravel purchases.
The American Express Green credit card earns Membership Rewards for all purchases made on the card:
- 2 Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent on Amex Travel Online for eligible hotel and car rental bookings.
- 1 Membership Rewards point for every dollar spent on all other eligible purchases.
Redeeming Membership Rewards
The best use for Membership Rewards is to transfer them to a variety of airline and hotel partners for your next redemption.
Partners for American Express Canada include:
- Transferrable at 1:1 ratio: Aeroplan Points, British Airways Avios, Hilton Honors
- Transferrable at 1:0.75 ratio: Alitalia MilleMiglia, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Delta Skymiles, Eithad Guest, Flying Blue
- Transferrable at 1:1.2 ratio: Marriott Bonvoy
Click to learn everything you need to know about the American Express Membership Rewards program.
The American Express Green card offers two types of insurance coverage:
- Purchase protection
- Buyer assurance protection
Refer to the American Express Green insurance certificate for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other Membership Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|American Express Gold||60,000 Membership Rewards||$1,070||Apply|
|American Express Platinum||80,000 Membership Rewards||$1,061||Apply|
|American Express Cobalt||30,000 Membership Rewards||$504||Apply|
Disclaimer: these responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.