The Amex Business Gold card earns Membership Rewards on all eligible purchases.
The American Express Business Gold credit card earns Membership Rewards (MR) points for all purchases made on the card:
- 1 Membership Rewards point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases.
The Business Gold card earns at a consistent rate of 1x Membership Reward point per dollar, regardless of the spend category. There are no bonus categories that result in an increased earning rate with this credit card.
Redeeming Membership Rewards
The best use for Membership Rewards is to transfer them to a variety of airline and hotel partners for your next redemption.
Partners for American Express Canada include:
- Transferrable at 1:1 ratio: Aeroplan Points, British Airways Avios, Hilton Honors
- Transferrable at 1:0.75 ratio: Alitalia MilleMiglia, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Delta Skymiles, Eithad Guest, Flying Blue
- Transferrable at 1:1.2 ratio: Marriott Bonvoy
Click to learn everything you need to know about the American Express Membership Rewards program.
The American Express Business Gold card offers eight types of insurance coverage:
- Travel accident insurance
- Rental car theft and damage insurance
- Lost or stolen baggage coverage
- Baggage delay and flight delay coverage
- Hotel burglar insurance
- Purchase protection
- Buyer assurance protection
- Mobile device insurance
Refer to the American Express Business Gold insurance certificate for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other Membership Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|American Express Business Platinum||90,000 Membership Rewards||$1,481||Apply|
|American Express Business Edge||45,000 Membership Rewards||$891||Apply|
Disclaimer: these responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.