The Amex Business Platinum card earns Membership Rewards points and offers cardholders benefits including complimentary access to four airport lounge programs and instant Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status.
The American Express Business Platinum credit card earns Membership Rewards (MR) points for all eligible purchases made on the card:
- 1.25 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on any purchases.
This card is also strong when it comes to the refer a friend program, as the cardholder can earn 20,000 Membership Rewards points per referral to other American Express cards. This card is eligible to refer to the Business Platinum card, Personal Platinum card, Business Edge card, and Business Gold card.
Redeeming Membership Rewards
The best use for Membership Rewards is to transfer them to a variety of airline and hotel partners for your next redemption.
Partners for American Express Canada include:
- Transferrable at 1:1 ratio: Aeroplan Points, British Airways Avios, Hilton Honors
- Transferrable at 1:0.75 ratio: Alitalia MilleMiglia, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, Delta Skymiles, Eithad Guest, Flying Blue
- Transferrable at 1:1.2 ratio: Marriott Bonvoy
Click to learn everything you need to know about the American Express Membership Rewards program.
The Business Platinum card from American Express comes with a range of benefits focused on improving the quality of your next vacation.
As a cardholder, you will gain access to the Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts booking platform. If you are staying at a property that you booked through this tool, you will receive perks such as breakfast for two, early check-in (where possible), late check-out, room upgrades, and an additional benefit such as a property credit to be used on any purchase that can be charged to your room bill.
The cardholder will also gain access to the Amex Hotel Collection booking platform. If you book a stay at a property within this platform, for two consecutive nights or more, you will receive up to a $100 USD hotel credit and a room upgrade (where possible).
The Amex Business Platinum card grants the cardholder access to many airport lounge programs:
- Complimentary airport lounge access to Plaza Premium lounges for the cardholder plus one travel companion.
- The cardholder will be able to enroll in the Priority Pass program which gives you worldwide airport lounge access to all Priority Pass lounges. As a member, you plus one guest will be able to enter at no cost to you. The network of Priority Pass lounges can be found here.
- Complimentary access to American Express Centurion lounges at specific airports for the cardholder and two guests. Amex Centurion lounge locations and hours of service can be found here.
- If you often fly with Delta, you will receive free access to the Delta Sky Club lounge when flying on a Delta flight.
As a benefit, the cardholder will receive an automatic upgrade to Gold Elite status within the Marriott Bonvoy program. This is simply an upgrade and does not credit any elite nights towards further statuses, such as platinum elite.
If you are located in YYZ or tend to fly through this airport often, by holding the Business Platinum card you will be able to access the priority security lane which can be a great time-saver. Simply show your credit card to the individual at the Pearson Priority security lane at YYZ in order to take advantage of this perk.
Finally, as a Business Platinum cardholder, you will automatically receive Gold Plus status with Hertz Rentals. This can result in lower rates and complimentary upgraded vehicles at the rental counter.
The Business Platinum credit card offers eleven types of insurance coverage:
- Emergency medical insurance
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Trip interruption insurance
- Travel emergency coverage
- Travel accident coverage
- Rental car theft and damage insurance
- Lost or stolen baggage coverage
- Baggage delay and flight delay coverage
- Hotel burglary insurance
- Purchase protection
- Buyers’ assurance protection
Refer to the American Express Business Platinum certificate of insurance for additional details, including terms and conditions for eligibility.
Other Membership Rewards Cards You Might Consider
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Net Value|
|American Express Business Gold||70,000 Membership Rewards||$1,341||Apply|
|American Express Business Edge||45,000 Membership Rewards||$891||Apply|
Disclaimer: these responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
2 comments on “American Express Business Platinum”
Thanks for the great info on this card (Amex bus Platinum). Can you tell me which business cards I can refer friends to so that I would receive the 20k bonus? I had heard that it was any Amex business card but the Customer service agent told me it was just the business platinum. Any workarounds to get the 20k bonus for business gold or business edge referrals?
If you visit a referral link for the American Express Business Platinum card, by default, you will see a landing page for the Business Platinum card. If you click on “View our other cards” in the top left on that page, you will see three additional cards: the Business Edge, Business Gold, and Personal Platinum cards.
Those three cards are also eligible for the 20,000 Membership Rewards referral bonus.
Hope that helps,